your best argument for humming in the car when your three year old tells you to stop is, "I was humming first!"
I am often puzzled by the immature comments that come out of my mouth when I am dealing with my kids. I don't know if it is the exhaustion talking or that the majority of my conversations are with a 3 year old and 1 year old, but sometimes I sound like I am 3! Today I literally argued like my son does. The other day, I found myself telling Luke, "I don't want to, Luke!" in a really whiny voice. Do I think he will understand better if I speak and sound like him? It is like that commercial with the mom that talks baby-talk all day long and then goes out for the evening with her hubby and accidentally speaks baby-talk to him.
I just hope I don't start behaving like a 3 year old. My friend, Kristi and I often laugh at the possibility of throwing fits and crying like a kid when we don't get our way or get angry. In some ways it is so simple and may even bring some relief from our adult ways of keeping things pent up. Just imagine it...a little screaming, a little kicking, a lot of crying and stomping, maybe we could even go to time-out to cool down, but darn it if we wouldn't get that little black dress we want or the nice house with a garage. And boy those who ticked us off would know they did so!
Maybe these little toddlers are on to something.
No comments:
Post a Comment