So, we've had quite a week with Carys. She is walking everywhere finally. Yesterday she was in her skunk costume and it was adorable to watch her wobble with her tail swinging back and forth. For those of you who know me, you know I have long awaited the moment when I can just put her down! She is a load! Of course along with this wonderful new skill comes the shadow phase. You moms out there know this feeling. The supposed independent walkers latch to your leg or follow you wherever you go. Hence, your little shadow has appeared. :)
Now that Carys can walk she has to find a new way to get me. Last night, she yelled, "MAMA." I was thrilled at her little attempt to make me come back as I was speedily walking away, leaving her with Rob. (all the while knowing she wouldn't be that happy with my departure) Of course, I did turn around and make a huge deal about her calling me. She could tell I was happy and I was.
Not only is this a breakthrough for her, but it is a big one in my mommy world. Luke called me, "Ba" until he was nearly 2. Carys has been calling me, "da." I know the books say "da-da," is easier for babies to say, but who is the one nurturing these kids practically 24 hours a day? Can't I at least get a "mama?" Seriously, Luke called my mom, "emom," my grandmother, "mom mom," grandma was ,"ammom," and I was,"BA!" Let's just hope Carys keeps up the MAMA and I can bask in the glory for a while until she is talking up a storm and you wish they never knew your name! (But, Mom, I want to! or Mom, please can I...?)
Another first for Carys was the lollipop! A nice mommy at church gave her the first tootsie pop she's ever had. It was sticky. It was red. It tasted like watermelon, with tootsie roll inside. It was all over her face, hands, and clothes. It was all a lollipop should be. She LOVED it! We loved watching her savor every last lick. She even "Mmm"ed while she sucked on it. It was great and it kept her quiet. I'd say her second Halloween is off to a yummy start!
(thanks Alysia!)
1 comment:
Now that she's discovered a lollipop, you have a new bribe :) I used to buy packages of those small dum dums and they were the best errand bribe - small but took lots of time to eat. I'm sure I got lots of looks, handing out dum dums at 8am at the grocery store, but it WORKED! I even used them to get through a particularly difficult time at church!
Post a Comment