Thursday, July 15, 2010

Helen, GA part 2

Horseback riding was really fun but we could barely walk after the hour ride. It was great when the horses went through the river! Luke was super brave on his horse. Carys rode with me, but Aunt Coursey has those pictures. I was proud of my kiddos!





Here are just some pictures of us around the cabin.

Carys and Luke cuddling with Mom Mom
Everyone has to have a picture of their baby in over sized sunglasses, right?

I love love LOVE this picture of my mom with Cameron.

Luke hanging with his buddy Papa Kevin!

This is Bear, the newest addition to the family, and he kept stealing Captain's bone. The cutest parts were that the bone was bigger than he was and Captain would wait patiently for him to finish before taking it back.

Dad Dad getting some Cameron time!
Introducing Bear, a mini long hair Dachsaund...sooo sweet and cute!

Rob is hot resident ranger...We wouldn't have Smores without him!
Coursey is always causing trouble...he he he!
One of my favorite guys!
Easy! I surrender! I promise not to whine for your smore again!
Mom Mom and Cameron waiting for smores!

This "hang on" and "lounge on" Papa Kevin was commonplace for my kids. He was a great sport and they ate it up!



We visited Baby Land General where Cabbage Patch kids are born and can be adopted. The building has moved and grown quite a bit since I was a kid. Carys seemed to enjoy it. We watched a "live birth" and one of the kids gave her a name! How we managed to get out of there without dropping wads of cash for a doll is beyond me....but I will take it!


Can you spot my baby?!

Aunt Coursey helped Carys view the birth.


Emom watched Cameron while we watched the show and walked around.
Carys had a tea party with her new friends.

The "cabbage patch" where the magic happens, I guess.


Do you think I'm finished posting about GA? Well, I am NOT! Stay tuned for all who care and to quote one of my favorite movies, "These are memories frozen in time people!" Can you guess the movie? Here's a clue...Seth Green is in it!

3 comments:

RTM said...

You forgot to mention that Luke had serious issues with riding a mare named Pocahontas. Hilarious!!

Melanie said...

(I can't remember if I've commented here before, but this is Melanie) OH my gosh, that is one of our favorite movies of all time too! "Can't Hardly Wait"! SOOO many quotable lines from that one. We actually still to this day call one of our good friends, Amanda - AmanDUH. And my husband calls my brother-in-law Kevin, "Special K." Too much goodness in that one I tell ya.

And I'm sure the Cabbage Patch thing was fun but that last picture with all their little heads growing like cabbages is a little creepy!

Angie said...

hey there. you are such a fast commenter! who-pa! like an old time gun slinger!

no! that baby of mine is NOT walking. he won't even crawl, although he is now making SOME effort at that skill.

he does, however, stand (kinda) if you prop him up with his bumb leaning against a sofa/pew/hole in the sand that you dug.

that sand hole literally babysat him for half an hour. it was awesome!

ciao!