Saturday, June 12, 2010

Under the Sea/chocolate party!



I tried and I think I succeeded in giving Carys the party she wanted. Since I want to remember these rare moments when I shine as a mom of small kids (because let's face it I fail miserably at housekeeping and cooking), and I want PROOF that I was awesome ONCE, I am going to document the details.

The kids arrived and decorated their own goodie bags with sea life stickers, foam letters to spell their names, and markers.


Then, the kids went to collect their loot! They had to "deep sea fish for a prize" of goggles/snorkel and then use them to dive and search for treasure in the "shimmering sea cave." They had to walk along "crabby alley" (crab walk over pool noodles),become like "jumping jellyfish" (hula hoops that you space farther and farther apart), and "feed the fish" (bean bag toss for prizes).








Then the fun really began...the splash zone! The water balloon fight lasted 30 seconds, but I have to give a shout out to my Rob for filling them! In all honesty, I didn't have to do anything else but buy these squirt toys from the dollar store...the kids played non-stop! I have to say that they did particularly love chasing and squirting the adults. I loved it too! That is part of the reason I do these shin-digs so I can feel like a kid again! When else could I get away with crab walking for fun or kung-fu fighting!?!



They finally took a break from the water fun so they could stuff their faces with food and cake! Then they played some more and opened presents!





Cake courtesy of Dianah @ http://www.mylittlesweetart.com/ She did a great job creating a cake that looked like the cover of the book The Rainbow Fish.


It was a nice day! I think the kids had a great time. Thanks to all who came and helped make her birthday a special celebration for her.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Well, it's official you really are Super Mom!

Looks like you did an amazing job, my favorites were the fishy sandwiches and squid hotdogs!!

Too cute!

Sarah said...

It looks like it was a big success!!
You are so creative!

Erika said...

Ummmm, yep... you are super awesome!

Jen said...

Ok - you win mom of the year award for throwing the best kid parties! Way to go, it looks like they all had a blast.

Rob and Jewls said...

You are all so sweet!

Stacey said...

i love it! you are so crafty, clever and full of fun! love it! love all the detail, the games, the food, everything!way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am so impressed. Mike and I are both overwhelmed by your party-planning expertise and masterful creativity.