when you are done throwin' up?"
Luke popped his head into the bathroom last night during dinner and that was what he said. He was totally unphased by my puking...it made me laugh out loud! I managed to squeak out, "the chocolate milks are in my purse," in between heaves. (And for all you mcdonald's patrols out there...yes, they were eating mcd's for dinner!) Can't a mommy throw up in peace? ;)
Actually, we are alive and well. I can't believe it has been nearly a month since I last posted! So much for my new goal of posting two times a week! Plus, a lot has happened this month! I turned 30!!! (which will have its own elaborate post) We've been hit with a viral/fever plague for the past little over a week which has reminded me again why Mom's just cannot get sick! We confirmed previously mentioned baby in a couple of ultra sounds and saw a heart beat...all is well and my due date is Nov. 7th (as of last week). Oh, and yes, I have the dreaded morning, day, and night sickness. I finally broke down and became a real complainer and told the doctor I wanted some meds. Somehow I missed that boat with my last two pregnancies. Perhaps I just thought it was my cross to bear or perhaps I just didn't relay my pain to the doctor adequately enough to get some sympathy. Truly, I know as sick as I have ever been I don't really lose weight so I am sure the docs aren't concerned about my overall health. But, is puking ever fun or convenient? My rationalization is that now, I have two kids to care for now and being a blob on the couch isn't working for my swap, car pool and play date social life. Fortunately they agreed and I got some phenegran...which made me comatose for a full 9 hours ( literally slept all day) added to the fact that I had a fever and virus. It did take away the nausea. I can't take that again for obvious reasons... now they want me to try unisom and B6...did I mention the last drug knocked me out, doc? Why would you recommend a sleeping pill now? I have heard it works, though. I think I will just wait for a weekend or evening to try it. Whatever, they also gave me a prescription for zofran, but only on especially bad days...just in case I am milking this for all it is worth. :)
I promise we are all on the mend here and now I will resume my posting duties and catch up on our life's events. To be continued...
7 comments:
Holy Cow. You need a day at the spa. I hope that you start feeling better soon. Keep in touch.
I tried the B6 & Unisom with Madeline and it helped. Only take the Unisom (half, not whole) at night, but take the B6 day and night. It didn't make the sick feeling go away completely, but I was more functional! Phenegren and Zofran never did anything for me. :(
I'll clarify here that she did the "knocked out for 9 hrs" thing on a Saturday. No, she didn't let the kids fend for themselves while she slept off her drug-induced coma for a day. ;-)
Glad to see you functional again, toots.
I am so sorry! I don't know what to say. I never felt that way with either Aaron or Cole. I'm so sorry. Try eating peanuts. Apparently the protein in them stay in your stomach longer than anything else and you aren't as nauseous. Again, I haven't tried this out, but it's worth the try, isn't it? You can always call if you need me. I'm only a minute away!!
My sister did the Unisom thing and thought it really helped. And please don't worry about justifying the meds, say YES to drugs! What is the point of being miserable!? Hope you are feeling better!
Jewls I am soo sorry - I wish I could be there to help you out and watch your kids. If there is anything that I can do, please let me know. I just feel so bad for you - I will keep praying for you to get through this phase real soon! The sacrafice of a mother is incredible...babies are so worth it in the long run! Try to hold your head high and be grateful for the opportunity to be a mother again! Much love!
I feel so sorry that you have been so sick. I wish we were not so far away. I would love to come and get the kids so you could rest a little. I hate to say how great I felt when I was pregnant except towards the end when we all get so big. I actually had Brian try to make me some kind of sling to hold up by belly when I was pregnant with Rob. I thought a physical therapist should be able to figure that out. It was after the first month after getting up all night with the new baby that I would start to feel rotten. Hang in there Julie! We love you! Mom M.
Post a Comment