We got a free trip to Utah (thanks to Julie and her 12 years of points earned on her credit card) and we crashed our friends' (the DuBravacs) trip to go skiing! Really, I think they were happy we came and if they only invited us to be nice, sorry, because we believed it! Rob was in heaven for the three days we were in town. It was such a fast trip, and that is why we didn't call in case there are any of you reading that are feeling like you got the shaft. We only even saw his brother and sisters for a few hours on our last night. It was just long enough for Rob to ski two days and celebrate his birthday with family. I can't imagine a better birthday for him...all you can eat meat at a Brazilian steak house, great skis (courtesy of his cousin on his mission...thank you James!), sunny weather, skiing with great friends at his favorite ski resort, bison steak at Maddox, and apple pie for a birthday dessert (thanks Launa). I did not ski, but relaxed and hung out. It was perfect. My mom missed the kids enough to watch them while we were gone. Consequently, she spoiled them rotten...I was worried they wouldn't want us home! (Thanks Emom) Here are some pictures. We are glad we went. We had a blast and want to do it again next year if we can. Someday, I would love to learn to ski better myself. I was glad Rob had some friends to head down the mountain with if it wasn't with me.
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
First annual Ski trip 2009
We got a free trip to Utah (thanks to Julie and her 12 years of points earned on her credit card) and we crashed our friends' (the DuBravacs) trip to go skiing! Really, I think they were happy we came and if they only invited us to be nice, sorry, because we believed it! Rob was in heaven for the three days we were in town. It was such a fast trip, and that is why we didn't call in case there are any of you reading that are feeling like you got the shaft. We only even saw his brother and sisters for a few hours on our last night. It was just long enough for Rob to ski two days and celebrate his birthday with family. I can't imagine a better birthday for him...all you can eat meat at a Brazilian steak house, great skis (courtesy of his cousin on his mission...thank you James!), sunny weather, skiing with great friends at his favorite ski resort, bison steak at Maddox, and apple pie for a birthday dessert (thanks Launa). I did not ski, but relaxed and hung out. It was perfect. My mom missed the kids enough to watch them while we were gone. Consequently, she spoiled them rotten...I was worried they wouldn't want us home! (Thanks Emom) Here are some pictures. We are glad we went. We had a blast and want to do it again next year if we can. Someday, I would love to learn to ski better myself. I was glad Rob had some friends to head down the mountain with if it wasn't with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow, i feel famous! we're so glad you guys came and already looking forward to next year!
Post a Comment