Tuesday, May 03, 2011

A whole new look!

Well, I am finally working on my house. The sad part is that I had to send Rob away for the weekend to get it finished! JUST KIDDING! It was very last minute that Rob headed to UT to ski for the weekend. It was also very last minute that I ended up redecorating my whole main level in 2 days! I began painting and moving around some furniture and then voila!, a whole new world!

We began by moving the kitchen table into what is supposed to be the dining room off the front living room. At first it seemed like I lost space, but now I realize that the space was really only being used for toys and storage (ie. mess). I moved all of the toys out of the main level (do not even think I am showing pics of the rest of my house right now). We made a little sitting room in the kitchen...which I LOVE. We will get a TV in there and now I can watch while I cook/bake. My kids can watch Saturday morning cartoons (if we ever have a leisurely Saturday morning again now that sports have taken over our lives). Plus, company can sit comfortably instead of standing around my island while I fuss in the kitchen. We put up new lighting, changed my hardware, and my friend graciously helped me make curtains. In fact, I owe the majority of this redo to her. She has a great eye for decorating and she is beginning a little business so I highly recommend her! The kitchen is a still a work in progress because I have to put 6 ft of wainscot (bead board) around the entire kitchen and redo my counter tops (paint or new laminate). I am also going to paint my stools red and extend my counter top on one end for more stools. I am so excited! I hope you like it.



Imagine white bead board as my back splash and heading half way up my window.





Again, imagine 6 ft of bead board leaving only 3 ft of chocolate on the top!





4 comments:

Brynn said...

Wow, Julie! We need to have a play date so I can see it in person. Or better yet why don't we have a play date at my house and you can work your magic here. I am SO impressed!!!!

Dianah said...

I love what you did!! It looks so totally different from the last time I was there. Good for you! It's looks awesome and you should be proud!

Angie said...

julie, julie, julie, I LOVE IT!! way to go YOU! we have to be friends while you do this beadboard thing... as you know, i did the beadboard in my dining room all by myself and have a list of "wish i had done differently's" that i can share with you!

have you seen this beadboard backsplash? http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/2010/06/beadboard-backsplash.html

or this one that was actually just hot-glued onto tile because she is renting?:

http://www.thenester.com/?s=bead+board+backsplash

AND: who is this friend you are highly recommending for decorating help? you recommended, but gave no name!

i love your makeover!

Melanie said...

love it julie!