Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fourth of July






We had a fun and lazy fourth of July. We were preparing to leave town for a week the next morning so we didn't commit to do much on the fourth. We made it down to a parade in our city (which is very small) and the kids loved it! I have to say, though, from my adult perspective it was a pretty shabby parade. Yeah, there was candy throwing and a fire truck and some cool unicycles and motorcycles, but there weren't floats or music/marching bands or anything. A parade without a marching band or something of the sort? Seriously?! It didn't matter because the kids were satisfied and it was fun to see the local organizations so I won't complain too much. We packed pretty much all day, went and ate steamed crabs as a family, and did some poppers and snappers before bed with the kids...I know, I know, we are lame. Maybe next year we will do something more exciting. On a side note, Carys has finally joined the family being a crab eating machine. I was a little worried since Luke took to it so much quicker, but I could barely pick the crab meat fast enough to keep up with her. The exciting part of the whole day was that my family was in town! My grandparents and mother were here and my step dad was arriving that afternoon. It is always nice to have family around for any holiday, I think. We saw a few family friends at the parade and that is always fun too! All in all a relaxing day and I loved spending time with my family.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

My turn to be jealous. It looks like you had so much fun! I'm glad your family could be there. Love and miss all of you! Mom M.